Fettuccine Chicken Pasta tossed in creamy alfredo sauce topped with caramelized onions and barbecue chicken is “lick-the -plate” kind of recipe. It’s one another delicious meal which your family will thank you for. A step by step recipe on how to make Fettuccine Chicken Pasta. Chicken is marinated in barbecue sauce and soy sauce and kept for 2-3 hours as it will tenderize the chicken and give it an extra boost of flavor.
I have used Fettuccine pasta but you can use spaghetti or thin noodles as a substitute. Add mushrooms and greens to this pasta to pump up more flavor and make it a balanced meal. Alfredo is a rich and cheesy sauce so I have done a little variation to my recipe by mixing 1 cup of alfredo sauce with 1 cup of water. This will not only dilute the sauce, but it will also cut down on calories and we can enjoy this pasta guilt free.
Don’t like pasta, just enjoy chicken and caramelized onions over a bed of plain rice.
Fettuccine Chicken Pasta
MARINATION FOR CHICKEN
- First let's wash, clean and pat dry chicken pieces. Let's begin by marinating the chicken. Assemble all the ingredients and in a bowl lay out the chicken pieces,pour barbecue sauce on top of it. You can even combine the sauces, stir in the spices and mix till its well blended - then pour it on top of the chicken.
- Add in soy sauce and spices and give it a good mix till everything blends well in the chicken. Cover and allow it to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add marinated chicken to it. Keep sauteing on a medium flame. As chicken gets cooked, pull it out of the pan onto an plate and using a fork shred it into pieces.
- Return shredded chicken back to the pan and keep sauteing till all the liquid reduces and sauce becomes thick and sticks to the chicken. Barbecue chicken is ready.
- Time to caramelize some onions- heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan and add onion juliennes to it. Keep stirring on a medium flame and within 7-8 minutes you will have beautifully caramelized and crispy onions ready for our recipe.
- In a pan boil pasta according to the package instructions, add 1 tablespoon oil and season it with salt.
- When pasta is perfectly cooked, drain it through a colander. When fully drained, return it to the pan and stir in dried basil leaves, salt and diluted alfredo sauce. Give it a good stir until all the pasta blends in with the sauce.
ASSEMBLING PASTA AND CHICKEN
- Get your serving plate ready - to serve make a bed of pasta on the plate, sprinkle some caramelized onions on top and finish it with barbecued chicken.
- Toss in some dried basil leaves just before serving.