If you are looking for some eggless tea-time cookies, then you have landed at the right post. These soft and chewy eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are pretty easy to make and a straightforward recipe with a perfect balance of sweetness. These cookies are loaded with chock full of rolled oats, dried cranberries and raisins. Very adaptive recipe, feel free to toss in your favorite toppings – white chocolate chips, nuts, golden raisins – endless possibilities and customize this recipe to your liking !
These eggless oatmeal raisin cookies are so soft, delicious and yum that you will crave for more!! Has a perfect texture – soft & chewy in the middle but crispy and crunchy on the outside.
RECIPE DETAIL – Below recipe calls for brown sugar but it can be substituted with white superfine sugar. Cookies made with white sugar will turn out crispier than cookies made with brown sugar. Or you can do half and half – 1/2 of brown sugar and 1/2 of regular sugar. Since these cookies have applesauce, I have kept the sugar on the moderate side but feel free to add more.
If using egg, adjust the applesauce quantity from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup. Applesauce can be substituted with pureed banana.
Unable to find dried cranberries in your local grocery store – no worries, substitute it with golden raisins or regular raisins. If you like almonds or pecans or walnuts, add them to the batter for extra flavor and crunch.
Once all the ingredients are blended, gently fold in dried raisins and cranberries. The trick is to mix them by hand and avoid overdoing them. Slightly grease your baking tray and arrange cookies. This way you will have no problem in removing them from the tray, once baked.
Oven temperatures vary, so keep a close eye on your cookies because after 8-9 minutes they will start to brown up around the edges. Mine took 10 minutes to bake and the end result was a soft, moist and crunchy cookies.
Before transferring them onto a wire rack, let them cool on the cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes – this way they can be removed easily. These cookies turned out to have just perfect crispy edges, chewy middles and were so moist, flavorful, and delicious. Do give them a try!!
Eggless Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1-1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 tablespoon Dried Cranberries (if not using these than add raisins)
- 1/4 cup Walnuts or Almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup White chocolate chips (optional)
- Assemble all the dry ingredients first.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Sift until all the ingredients have fallen through the strainer.
- Set it aside.
- Let's get going with the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine soften butter.
- And brown sugar... (See notes above regarding sugar).
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla essence and applesauce to the butter-sugar mixture. Add sifted flour.
- Using a spatula scrape down the walls of the bowl, then fold in raisins and cranberries..
- Finally add oats.
- Mix, mix and mix. The mixture will look like a thick dough. Slightly grease your baking tray before placing cookies.
- Using an ice cream scoop, spoon out the mixture onto a baking sheet. Press it down with a spoon shaping them like cookies. Refrigerate it for an hour.
- Remove from fridge, preheat the oven @ 350 degree F and bake the cookies till they are light brown in color, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and allow them to cool in the tray for some time.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow them to cool down completely.
- These cookies will be soft and chewy and will have a sweet apple-y taste.
- Once cooled..Enjoy!!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information provided below is approximate. Variations may exist due to the ingredients/brands used. Please refer to a Registered Dietitian or Nutritionists if you have any health issues.