Have a cake mix sitting in your pantry – come let’s prepare a yummy eggless cake using cake mix. Yes you heard me right, you can prepare a moist and delicious eggless cake using cake mix. Mother’s day is around the corner and let’s prepare a special cake for our mom’s and thank them in a delicious way!!
Did you know MOM is a reflection of WOW (letter mom upside down) 🙂
This cake is dedicated to all the wonderful and super moms like you who give their 100% to make their kids life a perfect one. To the world you are someone but to your kid you are his/her world. So take a moment out of your busy schedules and THANK YOURSELF in whatever you do to make every day extra special for your kidoos. You definitely are worth an applaud!!
Coming back to the recipe – this recipe uses all the ingredients mentioned at the back of the cake mix – except eggs. Eggs are substituted with unflavored club soda which you can find in any local grocery store. As per one’s preference you can enjoy the cake as is or follow a step by step recipe below to prepare a frosting. Learn how to make swirls on top of a cake. Just a note – Aspartame found in soda is safe to cook with. It loses its sweetness when cooked for extended time period.
Preparing butter cream is pretty easy. Beat everything up till you get a fluffy and smooth frosting. Spread it around the cake and coat it again to get a smooth finish. I prefer my cakes with less frosting so I choose to give it an extra crunch by dusting my cake with a thin layer of cookie crumbs – but again this is optional. Decorate it with your favorite fruits and topping and serve it with love to the most special person in your life – MOM 🙂
Eggless Cake Using Cake Mix
- 1 box of Cake Mix
- 250 ML Club Soda (8.5 Fl.Oz)
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- Assemble: all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven @ 350 degree F or as mentioned on the packet. Grease a baking pan.
- In a large bowl empty cake mix and add the ingredients one by one and beat...
- Until it turns into a smooth- thick consistency batter.
- Pour this batter in the greased pan.
- Gently drop the pan on the counter to release all the excess air.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake at 350 degree F for 30-35 minutes.
- Once done, let it sit in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test. Insert a toothpick...
- And if it comes out clean, cake is done and fully baked.
- Allow it to cool down completely.
- Loosen its sides with a butter knife and flip it over.
- Cake is ready. Enjoy as is. If you prefer frosting on the cake then follow the step by step tutorial below.
- Once the cake has completely cooled down, use a serrated knife to cut the cake horizontally. Just go slowly around the cake.
- Cut it open.
- Assemble: all the ingredients.
- Using a hand blender beat everything together in a large bowl till it forms a smooth and fluffy butter cream.
- Drop some butter cream on the bottom part of the cake...
- Spread it all over the cake.
- Butter cream all spread over the first half.
- Place the other part over the cake...
- Drop some cream on top of the cake...
- Spread it around. Cool it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes then coat it again with a second layer giving it a smooth finish.
- This part is optional - crush some cookies in a blender.
- Sprinkle them generously around the sides and on top of the cake.
- Add a pinch of red food coloring to the leftover frosting and swirl some over the cake.
- This step is optional - If you like to make chocolate words then warm up 1 cup of chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 2 minutes. Beat till its liquid. Pour the batter in a plastic bag and make a cone. Spread a wax paper on the counter and write letters using hot chocolate.
- Place the wax paper in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and carefully remove the letters and place them over the cake.
- Decorate your cake with fresh fruits and serve. Enjoy and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.