This Eggless Cake flavored with fresh orange zest is super moist, fruity, and amazingly delicious! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or get-togethers!
Looking for an airy and light Eggless Cake Recipe? Then give this cake a try.
It’s the perfect teatime cake which is super moist and has the right amount of sweetness. Have been baking this cake since my college days (using regular flour and more baking powder) and every time it’s a WINNER!
This easy-to-follow eggless cake recipe is made with ingredients right off your pantry. Instead of using the regular all-purpose flour,
How to bake a Perfect Eggless cake recipe?
This is a pretty straightforward recipe with no crazy ingredients. All you need some basic ingredients and a super moist and tender cake is ready.
Sift the dry ingredients. Cream butter and sugar together. When the butter-sugar mixture is light and fluffy, add in the sifted dry ingredients. Add the zest and yogurt. Mix until combined. Pour in a greased baking pan and bake as directed.
Depending on the pan size this cake needs to be baked for 30-40 minutes. For me, it took 38 minutes in a 7.5 X 3.75 X 2.25-Inch loaf size pan.
This is a SUPER moist cake so allow it to cool down completely and then cut a slice.
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. Would love to hear from you. ?
Eggless cake recipe
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Hung curd Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- ½ cup Soften Unsalted Butter or oil
- Assemble all the ingredients. Please make sure all the ingredients should be at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Sift it well, lumps will be left in the end.
- Using a spatula grind all lumpy stuff in the sieve. Give it a good mix.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, butter, and vanilla essence.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and on a low setting keep mixing till its well blended in the mixture.
- Using a grater- grate the orange. Use the fine side to grate the orange because the finer and smaller the zest, the more flavor it will release in the cake.
- Stir in yogurt and orange zest.
- The cake batter is ready. Using a spatula scrape down the walls of the bowl and give it a final mix.
- Prepare a baking pan and grease it with oil or butter.
- Pour the batter in the pan and gently TAP IT ON THE COUNTER 2-3 TIMES TO RELEASE ALL THE AIR BUBBLES TRAPPED IN THE BATTER.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake it for 30-40 minutes.
- Refrain yourself from opening the oven door at this time. To check how the cake is doing you may keep your oven light on.
- Depending on the pan size it may take longer to bake this cake. Once done check the cake with a toothpick.
- Insert toothpick in the middle of the cake and it should come clean when the cake is ready.
- Remove cake from the oven and transfer the cake pan to a wiring rack to cool.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely.
- Slice them and enjoy this soft and velvety eggless cake with your favorite ice cream.
- mandarin oranges and