Nothing is more satisfying than the freshly assembled Avocado Bruschetta with unique flavors and stunning looks. Introduce them as snacks or appetizers, and they are sure to disappear in an instant! This Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe is straightforward to prepare and so amazingly rewarding.
Being versatile, it goes perfectly well with a meal or is enough by itself too.
Finger food lovers have all the reasons to rejoice as a brilliant appetizer recipe comes to transform your meal into an exciting feast!
Italian cuisine always wins at the dinner table, and this Avocado Bruschetta recipe will be an unparalleled addition to your exquisite menu.
Whether you are serving these marvelous Bruschettas as brunch to your family or feeding your excited guests at the next weekend party, this recipe with heaps of flavors and hues will be an instant attention grabber.
Avocados, when teamed up with tomatoes in this recipe, create a wholesome dish that is light, refreshing, nutrient-dense, and irresistibly delicious!
You will surely love the flavors and textures that fresh cherry tomatoes and avocados bring to this recipe, making it so heavenly and crave-able!
And not to forget the fresh basil leaves, the addition of which elevates the deliciousness of this recipe by several notches!
About Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe
Bruschetta is an authentic Italian first-course antipasto (appetizer) that boasts the most exquisite flavors rendered by tomato-based salad consisting of herbs, balsamic vinegar, garlic flavoring, and more.
The topping for Bruschetta isn’t always tomatoes; it can be made with many other ingredients too.
Bruschetta is rooted in Italian and derived from the word bruscare, meaning “to toast bread.”
This Tomato and Avocado Bruschetta Recipe is a refreshing spin on your favorite Italian appetizer. French baguette is thinly sliced and toasted to perfect golden crispiness.
It is rubbed with garlic cloves for that uniquely incredible flavor and then topped generously with fresh and flavorful cherry tomatoes, chopped onions and fresh basil leaves, avocado mixture, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar!
Mozzarella topping creates magical flavors and makes this recipe hard to resist.
This creates a drool-worthy recipe of Avocado Bruschetta, an insanely delicious appetizer recipe with perfectly satisfying flavors and bright, enticing colors.
Reasons You’ll ♡ Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe
Great as an appetizer or a perfect snack for the lazy summer afternoon, this Tomato Avocado Bruschetta is ready on the table within 10 minutes!
Wouldn’t you love it for its ease of preparation? Sure, you would! But there are more reasons for you to love it —
- Flavorful and colorful snack
- Bite-sized, perfect snack
- Quick and straightforward to make
- Hardly needs any cooking
- Filling because of the healthy avocado fats
- Can be adapted to suit a vegan diet.
The best part is that this Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe can be adapted to various combinations.
Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe Ingredient List
Simple ingredients create this amazing appetizer—the ones that you probably have on hand, if not all, in your kitchen. Let’s have a look at them —
Bread — Bread forms the essential component of this recipe as the entire base of the recipe rests on the bread! I have used French baguette and sourdough bread for this recipe.
Cherry Tomatoes — This recipe can be prepared with any kind of plum tomatoes. However, I have used cherry (grape) tomatoes as they lend a juicy burst of sweetness and clean, bright flavor to the bruschetta.
Garlic — One of the most important flavoring ingredients, garlic imparts tons of flavors to the bread.
Red Onions — These are added for an extra crunch that makes the recipe an exciting treat. You may use onion powder if red onions are unavailable.
Fresh basil — This adds an exotic basil flavor to our tomato and avocado Bruschetta recipe that is irreplaceable.
Lemon Juice — A hint of tang in the recipe adds extra freshness and zing to it and takes it to another level.
Black Pepper — When seasoned with freshly ground black pepper, this recipe tastes simply amazing.
Mozzarella cubes — Optional, but when added to the recipe, this adds an extra soft and creamy texture.
Avocados — This adds richness and delectability to the recipe. Avocados are a nutritional powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, making this recipe nutrition-rich and healthy.
Extra virgin olive oil – Adds more taste and health to our recipe, making it completely exciting.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Fresh is the best — Bruschetta is best made with fresh and the most flavorsome ingredients, like garlic, tomatoes, avocados, and basil. Dried basil or garlic flakes will not work for this recipe, so they must be avoided.
For effortless slicing — Use a sharp serrated knife to slice the bread effortlessly. It is also best for dicing tomatoes easily and mess-free.
Perfect toasting — Overcrowding the skillet or baking tray while toasting the baguette slices will not render good results. For the crisp baguette slices, toast them in batches.
Use cherry tomatoes — Tomato is this recipe’s star ingredient; therefore, choosing the best ones will prepare the best recipe. Ripe and red cherry tomatoes are an excellent match for this recipe as we want something which is not very juicy and big. Tomato juices make the toasted Bruschetta soggy, something that we are not aiming for. Even if you toast the baguette well, juices love to make the bread soggy, so the solution is to use cherry tomatoes.
When using regular tomatoes — Cherry tomatoes are best suited for this recipe, but if you are using regular tomatoes, make sure to deseed them, salt them and drain them to get rid of excess juices. Cherry tomatoes are used for this recipe as they will save time for deseeding and draining, and they do not contain a lot of juices. Therefore, big tomatoes are no match for Bruschetta.
Customizing the recipe — You can customize this recipe according to your preferences. You may want to add some extra ingredients, such as diced green onions and red bell pepper with some red pepper flakes. It will be fantastic delicious customization!
The cheesy twist — Traditional Bruschetta is served with shavings of parmesan cheese, but I have added parmesan cheese cubes to this exotic recipe for Avocado Bruschetta.
For a robust flavor — Extra virgin olive oil added to the tomato mix renders a robust flavor to the recipe and hypes the overall taste.
The flavorful blending — When prepping this recipe, mix the tomato basil at least an hour in advance to allow the flavors to meld well. The juices settle to the bottom of the bowl, making the tomato mix more intensely flavorful.
Add the basil charm — Tear the basil with your fingers rather than cutting them with a knife. This will make them look fresh and more vibrant.
For the crispy toasts — You can use a skillet, a panini maker, a toaster, or even a grill pan to toast your bread slices crispy. You do not necessarily need an oven to crisp your toasts. You can use any of the mentioned methods.
The creative twist — This recipe can be customized easily; all it needs is some creativity. You can try adding other ingredients like chickpeas, mushrooms, roasted bell peppers, hummus, and many other ingredients for different flavors and textures.
Let me know what you think!
Avocado Bruschetta carries myriad flavors that tickle your taste buds with every bite! If you are looking for a recipe that you can prepare with minimal effort and ingredients, this is the one.
And the best part is your family would just love it!
Should you make this Tomato Avocado Bruschetta appetizer, please let me know your thoughts by sharing your comment below.
And don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.
CRAVING FOR MORE, TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS HORS D’OEUVRES!
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to make the best Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe
Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe
FOR THE BREAD
- 1 loaf of Baguette bread cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 10 oz Cherry tomatoes evenly sliced
- ¼ cup Red onion chopped
- 4-5 – Fresh Basil leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- – – Salt to taste
- 2 medium Avocado peeled, cored, and smashed
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black peppercorns
- – – Salt to taste
- 4 oz Ball of Mozzarella Cheese (appx. 1/4 cup diced cheese)
- – – Fresh Basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top
- Preheat the oven to the broil setting. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil. Transfer the bread slices onto a baking sheet. Spray with olive oil and broil the pieces in the hot oven for 1-2 minutes, until it's slightly browned. Flip it over and toast it on the other side for 1-2 minutes. When the bread is crispy, remove it from the oven. Cut a clove of garlic in half. Rub garlic on all the toasted bread slices. Garlic infuses flavor into this bread, which will dissolve as you keep rubbing it onto the bread. Once done, set it aside.
PREPARE TOMATO MIXTURE
- In a separate bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, onions, olive oil, fresh basil leaves, and salt. Toss to combine.
PREPARE AVOCADO SPREAD
- Scoop the flesh of avocadoes into a mixing bowl and smash it with a fork. Stir in lime juice, salt, and ground pepper. Mix until blended.
ASSEMBLE AVOCADO BRUSCHETTA
- Take a toasted bread slice. Spread a layer of avocado spread onto each slice. Generously spoon tomato mixture on top of the avocado layer. Finally, top with cubed Mozzarella Cheese and fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately.Tip — To reach the authentic taste of Avocado Tomato Bruschetta, drizzle some balsamic glaze over it. It adds a rich layer of flavor and deliciousness to the recipe.
- Store the leftover bruschetta tomato topping in an air-tight container and slide it into the fridge. It will stay good for 2 to 3 days.
- Avocados begin to brown after a day; top the leftover toasted bread with tomato mix and skip the avocado mix. The recipe will still taste divine with all the other flavors.
- French baguette
- Sourdough bread
- Any Italian bread- plain or flavored
- Rustic artisan-style bread