Quick and Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe comes together in 15 minutes. A platter full of this finger food makes quite a statement and is a perfect crowd-pleasing recipe for game day!
What picture comes to your mind when you think of bruschetta? Crispy and toasty bread topped with fresh mozzarella, homemade tomato salsa, and basil leaves – doesn’t it sound heavenly? It indeed does! All the flavors, in this Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe comes together so beautifully that it creates an excitingly simple dish that requires almost no cooking time and is yet so flavorful and delicious.
I like to add avocados to my bruschetta. Avocados are nutrient-rich fruit and is packed with antioxidants. And when avocados are teamed up with tomatoes, it creates a healthy dish – in fact we’ve got ourselves a nutritional powerhouse.
Technically speaking, you need only 4 ingredients for this recipe. A bread, salsa (homemade or fresh cut store bought salsa), mozzarella cubes and fresh basil leaves. Simple ingredients will create an amazing appetizer!
- Any bread will work for this recipe. Multi grain bread, wheat bread or sourdough just to name the few. Cut the bread into 1/2 inch thick slice and toast.
- Don’t forget to rub the warm toasty bread with garlic. Garlic infuses flavor into this bread and takes this bruschetta to a whole new level.
- Fresh homemade salsa is best for this recipe but store bought salsa will work just fine. Buy the fresh cut salsa.
- If using homemade salsa, add salt at the last as it will make the salsa watery.
- Top with fresh basil leaves, fresh mozzarella and enjoy!!
Serve immediately as all that juice from the salsa will make the bread soggy.
Part of this recipe can be made ahead. Toast bread, rub with garlic, cover with foil and set aside. Stir up all the salsa ingredients (leaving salt) and let it sit in the fridge. When ready to serve, warm the bread, add salt to salsa, mix and top the bread.
So what are we waiting for, hop on and satisfy your evening cravings with these yummy Avocado Bruschetta. If you happen to make them, then do share your pictures with me @Facebook or drop me a line below!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON:
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Easy Avocado Bruschetta Recipe
FOR THE BREAD
- 1 loaf of Baguette bread
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 medium Avocados, cut and diced
- 7-8 medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small Red onion, chopped
- 2 small Chopped green chili
- 1/3 cup Chopped fresh Basil leaves
- 4 oz Ball of Mozzarella Cheese (appx. 1/4 cup diced cheese)
- 3-4 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Cut bread in thick slices.
- Any bread will work for this recipe. Multi grain bread, wheat bread or sourdough just to name the few.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Toast bread in a toaster or griddle until evenly brown from both the sides. Rub garlic on all the bread slices. Garlic infuses flavor into this bread and it will dissolve as you keep rubbing it onto the bread. So take some more, if needed. Set it aside.
- Assemble rest of the ingredients.
- Chop and add all the salsa ingredients in a big bowl (leaving out avocados).
- Mix and add seasonings. Save the salt for the last. Add salt at the last as it will make the salsa watery.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove and discard the skin and pit. Cut avocados in cubes.
- Assemble all the ingredients and toasted bread.
- First, apply a layer of avocados.
- Add salt to salsa, mix and generously top the bread with homemade salsa.
- Finally, top with cubed Mozzarella Cheese and fresh basil leaves.
- And serve immediately.
- A lovely appetizer for your next party!