Baked potato boats – simple yet flavorful and delicious dish. Baked potatoes are scooped, filled with red bell pepper, green onions and generously topped with shredded cheese.
Baking time for potatoes in a microwave may vary depending on the size of the potato and temperature setting of your microwave; you may need to extend or lessen your baking time. My cooking time was 7-8 minutes for each potatoes because I used very large potatoes. Insert a knife in the potatoes to check if they are thoroughly cooked. While boiling a potato holes are poked in to allow steam to escape but because I wanted the skin to be intact I skipped this part as poking holes will cause the skin to fall apart.
Scooping a potato is easy – if you have a scooper perfect if not use a spoon to scoop out the potato pulp. Once the pulp is scooped out, potato skin becomes cold and hard – no worries, stuff it with the filling and when ready to eat, heat them and enjoy!!
Adjust your seasoning before stuffing the potato boats as potato has no flavor and if we go easy on the seasoning then these potatoes will taste bland. Just follow Baked Potato boats recipe and your family will rave about it.
Are we friend's yet?
For new updates and recipes, follow @ruchiskitchen on -
Don’t forget to ⭐ rate the recipe and leave me a comment below.
Baked Potato boats
- 3 large Potatoes
- 1 medium Red capsicum, diced
- 3-4 stems of Spring onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Read chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely crushed black peppercorns (optional)
- 1/2 cup Cream
- Salt to taste
- Clean and thoroughly wash potatoes till all the dirt and grit is removed from them. Pat them dry. Bake them in microwave - select microwave potato setting or bake for 7-8 minutes depending on the size of the potato. Insert a knife to check for doneness. If potatoes are cooked - knife will fully submerge in the potatoes.
- In the meantime assemble all the ingredients. Once the potatoes are done allow them to cool down then using a sharp knife cut a thin slice off the top layer to potato. Using a scooper or a spoon scoop out the pulp of potato, leaving a thin layer at the bottom.
- Scoop out the pulp in a bowl for later use.
- If using a spoon scoop the pulp carefully, scooping little at a time- skin of the potatoes should remain intact. Empty potato boats are ready, time to fill them up.
- In a large bowl mash the potato pulp using a fork and add diced red bell pepper, green onions and cilantro....
- Add all the spices - red chili flakes, coarsely crushed black pepper and salt. Mix it well till all the flavors are blended with potato. Add cream and give it mix it again.
- Before and after picture of the potato mixture.
- Using a spoon or fork spoon this mixture into the potato boats and fill it to the top by pressing down on the mixture gently.
- Generously top each potato boats with shredded cheese, place them on a baking tray and bake at 400 degree F for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese melts and turns brown.