Achari Paneer tikka is a spicy and popular Punjabi appetizer. Paneer cubes are marinated in spicy pickle masala and oven baked to perfection. Totally a delicious and flavorful party appetizer. Achar means pickle and its the blend of these aromatic spices that makes this paneer tikka so special and fragrant. No achar masala – follow the recipe below, and ground it to a fine paste.
Using frozen paneer- dip it in hot water to soften it before marinating it. As mentioned below this recipe requires just 3 hours of marination but if you have enough time on hand leave it overnight. If using wooden skewers make sure they are dipped in water for at least 2 hours before grilling them. Paneer tikka can be grilled in the oven and over the stove. Follow this recipe on HOW TO GRILL PANEER TIKKA WITHOUT OVEN.
While in the oven keep turning and basting them with butter. Oven temperature may vary so keep a close watch on these tikkas. Mine were ready in 15 minutes. Kid’s friendly and a scrumptious appetizer. Preparing for a large group, make it in advance, cover and wrap with aluminium foil. Just before serving warm it in the microwave and serve hot with green chutney and vinegar onion.
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER?
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Ruchiskitchen on
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
With your pictures, I would love to see your yummy creations!
Achari Paneer Tikka
- 16-17 cubes of Paneer
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic paste
- 1/4 cup Beaten Curd + 2 tablespoon more
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3/4 tablespoon Aachar Masala (recipe below)
- 1/2 teaspoon Degi Mirch or Red chili Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard oil
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Besan
- 1 tablespoon Butter (for Basting)
- 1 small Onion, cubed
- 1 small Capsicum, cubed
- Salt to taste
ACHAR MASALA - COMBINE AND GRIND TO A POWDERED FORM
- 1.5 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoon Degi Mirch (adjust)
- 1.5 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1.5 teaspoon Saunf (Fennel seeds)
- 1.5 teaspoon Nigella seeds
- 1.5 teaspoon Carom seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon Methi dana (Fenugreek seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Cut paneer into big cubes.
- Assemble all the ingredients . No achar masala - follow the recipe mentioned above.
- In a bowl combine achar masala, mustard oil, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste.
- Stir in salt and degi mirch and mix it well.
- Add in curd..
- And whisk it up. Adjust the seasonings.
- Mix in roasted besan.
- Blend it well. Marinade will look like a thick paste. Mix in paneer cubes and coat them well. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow it to sit for 3 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile cut the veggies in cubes.
- Dip wooden skewers in water for 2-3 hours.
- Prepare a baking tray and brush it with oil.
- Preheat oven @ 400 degree F. Start placing paneer cubes on the skewers.
- Alternating in between with paneer cubes and cubed veggies.
- Paneer all set on skewers and ready to bake.
- Toss them into the hot oven and bake for 12- 15 minutes.
- Once brown from one side keep turning
- And brushing with butter.
- Once done and evenly brown from all the sides, remove from oven and serve hot with green chutney or over bed of warm rice.