Homemade Szechuan Sauce recipe
Quick and easy vegetarian hot and fiery Homemade Szechuan Sauce recipe prepared with ingredients right off your pantry. 20 minutes is all it takes from start to finish!
Homemade Szechuan Sauce recipe is one of the essentials I always have on hand. It’s a quick and easy versatile sauce that can convert an ordinary meal into a restaurant style dinner. If you enjoy Chinese food, then try making this super duper easy sauce at home.
Nothing beats a fresh homemade Szechuan Sauce recipe that is incredibly healthy, and preservative -free. Why homemade when you can get the ready-made sauce from the store?
- Well, to start with, I control what goes in my sauce.
- Secondly, there are no preservatives or un-pronounced ingredients that are added and the best part is I can customize the sauce to my liking.
- Besides that it freezes beautifully.
So what is this sauce made up of?
Hot and spicy dried red chilies. These red chilies are so hot and fiery that its seeds needs to be removed before use. All the work goes in de-seeding whole red chilies and after that the recipe is straightforward.
Do not under estimate the spiciness of this sauce. Even after removing the seeds, this sauce is still very spicy. So to balance the spicy flavor, adjust the sweetness to your preferred taste.
If you have a sensitive skin then these chilies may irritate your skin, make sure you wear gloves throughout the de-seeding process.
Traditionally, motor and pestle is used to pound these chilies but I have used a blender here as I can’t handle the heat from these chilies. Then cook the blended puree along with spices as shown below.
This versatile sauce can be used to jazz up any boring meal. It serves as a perfect base for –
- stir fry veggies, tofu and even meat.
- add a teaspoon to your soups and curries and take them to a whole new level.
- Spice up your noodles, and rice bowls with this fiery sauce.
- taste best even on pizzas, burgers and sandwiches.
- One sauce and the possibilities are endless.
Best part – It freezes beautifully!
I make a huge batch of this sauce and freeze it in batches. The frozen sauce comes in really handy on one of those busy weeknights. So what you waiting for- hop on and let’s get started to make our very own homemade Szechuan Sauce recipe.
If you happen to make these then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on Facebook. Would love to see your creation!
Recipe Source – Allrecipes.