Homemade Mini Burger Buns
Deliciously soft and fluffy homemade mini burger buns topped with sesame seeds and nigella seeds. Perfect for picnic parties and BBQ. A must try recipe!!
Update your boring weeknight meal with homemade mini burger buns. Yes you heard me right, homemade burger buns in your own kitchen – how exciting! Seriously, nothing beats the smell of freshly baked buns/bread that comes right out of the oven. They are so light, fluffy and taste amazing. In fact they are the best!
Compare to regular buns, these mini burger buns are smaller in size. But can you make regular size hamburger buns with the same recipe? Of course you can! To make these cuties, all you need is flour, yeast, warm water and a few extra ingredients. They bake beautifully with a crusty top and a soft interior. Just the way I like them – I prefer to eat smaller meals and these mini burger buns fit the bill quite well.
Making a bread/bun is not time consuming, it’s the dough rise time that makes it look like a long, tedious process. Well, it’s worth the wait. Few tips to keep in mind while baking a bread/bun-
- Three steps are extremely important – rise – shape – rise. Give your dough enough time to rise.
- During the rising time – yeast ferments /eats the sugar and turns the sugar into carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide from yeast creates bubbles/gas which makes the dough rise.
- If you rush through this step, your bread/buns will turn dense.
- It’s the rising time that adds flavor and texture to the bread/bun.
- For best results place the dough (for rise) in a slightly warm oven.
- Warmer dough will rise faster than the colder dough. The warmer the temperature the faster the dough expands (rise).
I am pairing these tasty homemade mini burger buns with my homemade Quinoa and black bean patty (recipe coming soon). Will top these fabulous burger buns with sriracha mayo, onions, lettuce and tomatoes for some extra crunch and flavor!
Stay tuned for my Quinoa and black bean patty recipe which is loaded with nutrients and a secret ingredient.
Till then do try your hands on these little cuties and if you happen to make this recipe, please leave me a comment or share your pics with me on Facebook. I would love to see your creation and would be happy to answer any questions. Thanks!