Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes
If you’re a cupcake lover then these cuties are definitely for you. Incredibly moist, tender, and flavorful Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes topped with luscious cream cheese frosting!
Aren’t these cupcakes lovely? If you have landed on this page in your search for a perfect cupcake recipe then look no more. This post covers a step by step tutorial on how to make a perfect Eggless Vanilla Cupcakes. On a personal note, I love cupcakes that
✔ create a soft crumb,
✔ is full of flavor
✔ is moist and light
✔and has a perfect texture!!
And this is what this recipe is all about. This recipe makes the BEST eggless vanilla cupcakes that are deliciously soft and light!
When it comes to eggless baking, this is my favorite go-to recipe – fail proof and ultimate. These cupcakes have been tested and tried in my kitchen endless time – every time with perfect results. A perfect recipe for any occasion. You can flavor your cupcakes anyhow you like – add choco chips, chopped fruit of your choice and enjoy.
What makes these cupcakes so moist and light?
These cupcakes are moist because of applesauce. Applesauce adds a perfect amount of sweetness and an apple-y flavor to these cupcakes. You can find applesauce in your local grocery stores. Applesauce can be substituted with freshly mashed banana puree.
Cake flour makes these cupcakes light and fluffy. Because of its low protein content I have used cake flour. Cake flour adds a tender delicate crumbs to these cupcakes. Other option would be – substitute 1.5 cup cake flour with 1 and 1/4 cup of all purpose flour + 1/4 cup of Cornflour/cornstarch.
Now on to the recipe !
Before we begin, let’s talk a little bit about the ingredients here. These steps are important to create delicious cupcakes.
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. This way they will blend easily and the cupcakes will have a uniform texture.
- Sift flour with dry ingredients. This will not only keeps the lumps out, it also helps to incorporate air into the flour.
- Use butter. I have not experimented with oil so can’t comment on the texture. Butter adds a lot of flavor to this cupcakes, so no substitutes here.
- No applesauce on hand, use pureed bananas. I have played around with buttermilk, yogurt, sour cream and the ingredients listed below gives me perfect results – every time. From what I believe, some ingredients in the recipes should never be altered.
- If not using frosting to finish these cupcakes, than adjust sugar. Add 2 tablespoon of extra sugar along with 1/2 cup.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 (3 tablespoon) of the way with batter. Give them some room to rise.
Reasons for a Sunken cupcake!
Baking cupcakes can be tricky at times. My old site was flooded with questions regarding sunken cupcakes. Commonly asked question was – “Inside the oven my cupcake were rising beautifully and as soon as I took them out they deflated, why?“
Believe me you are not alone, I have also been there. 🙁
At times my cupcakes have overflowed or the center part has caved in making it look like a sunken ship 🙁 . At times, cupcakes would come out too soft and gooey that they disintegrated during eating – making it a total blooper! Below I have shared all the possible reasons that I have learned over the years in my kitchen.
- Don’t over beat the batter- it causes too much air to get into the batter and the air then collapses making your cupcakes sink in the center.
- Opening the door- Be patient, keep that door close. Checking again and again on how your cupcakes are doing in the early stages of baking can cause the cupcakes to sink.
- Rising agents – Make sure your baking powder and/or soda are not stale (old).
- Toothpick test alone is not enough, do the finger press test in the oven. Press the center of the cupcake gently with your finger and if it springs back right away means your cupcakes are perfectly baked, if not it means cupcakes needs couple of more minutes in the oven.
DON’T LIKE APPLESAUCE TRY OTHER OPTIONS – http://www.ruchiskitchen.com/egg-substitutes/
Coming on to frosting!
But , if you choose to top your cupcakes with frosting – follow the step by step guide below on how to decorate cupcakes. This creamy and not-too-sweet, cream cheese frosting was truly the best frosting for these cupcakes!! This valentine do give these cuties a try and go ahead and indulge yourself!!
Also try other eggless cakes – Eggless Butterscotch cupcakes, Eggless 7 minute chocolate microwavable cake , Eggless Red Velvet cupcakes, Eggless Box mix cake, Eggless Pineapple pastry , Eggless Cake recipe, Eggless crumble cookie cake.
If you happen to make this recipe then either drop me a line below or share your yum pictures with me on Facebook. Would love to see your creation!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES, FIND ME ON PINTEREST !
CAN’T MAKE IT NOW, PIN IT FOR LATER ON YOUR BOARD.
ALSO FOLLOW ME ON: